As announced early November, Nauta Shirepair Yard has signed contracts for building five partly outfitted hulls of fishing vessels. Every ship has been ordered by Dannish client – Karstensens Skibsvaerft AS.
Three trawlers and two pelagic trawlers will come into existence in newbuilding production facility in Gdańsk. The smallest vessel will have almost 50 m in length, while the largest one will measure 82 m. Total weight of five hulls will be 5428 ton. Two of ordered vessels are planned to be delivered to the client in 2017. The delivery of next three units is planned in first and second quarter of 2018.
Contracts with Karstensens Skibsvaerft AS are the continuation of the existing cooperation between the both companies. Since the opening of Nauta’s newbuilding division in Gdańsk, Karstensens has already ordered 17 vessels, 7 of which have already been delivered.
Details of the vessels:
- B-438 – trawler, L: 63.00 m, B:12.80 m, weight of the hull: 826 t
- B-440 – pelagic trawler, L: 51,90 m, B: 11,20 m, weight of the hull: 570 t
- B-441 – pelagic trawler, L: 82,00 m, B: 17,20 m, weight of the hull: 1959 t
- B-442 – trawler, L: 49,95 m, B: 13,20 m, weight of the hull: 678 t
- B-443 – purser/trawler, L: 78,00 m, B: 15,50 m, weight of the hull: 1395 t
rel (Nauta), Computer renderings: Karstensens Skibsvaerft